We know what it is
We have long-lasting and meaningful relationships with key partners for farming and processing, ensuring highest quality, sustainable assurance of raw material supply, and effective risk management. We map our supply chains, and conduct supplier audits and farm assessments to ensure the procurement and processing of our raw materials complies with our sourcing criteria and product specifications. This gives us full traceability and transparency of our supply chain and the basis for organic, kosher and halal certifications.
We focus on existing, validated, scientific methods, like thin layer chromatography (TLC) based on European Pharmacopoeia methods and we are open to new methods like DNA barcoding tests, if new technologies support the innovation process. All methods are made available to our business partner on request.
We focus on existing, validated, scientific methods, like high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) based on European Pharmacopoeia methods or ISO methods. In addition we develop and apply in-house methods. All methods are made available to our business partner on request.
We over exceed regulatory requirements to ensure that our ingredients are of highest quality and free of any potential contaminations. Our contaminant analyses are carried out by an accredited third party lab. Eurofins
Allergen free, GMO free, TSE/BSE free, melamine free, gluten free, solvent free, nanomaterial free, aflatoxin free, irradiation free, vegan, kosher, halal. Organic certified quality up on request.
We know how it works
Mode of Actions Testing
Mode of action studies are an important milestone in our new product development process.To know the mode of action of an ingredient is a crucial rational to design a human study and to demonstrate overall evidence. In addition, we apply bioassays within our quality control program. Studies are carried in-house as well as with external partners.
Phytochemical analyses include determines of total polyphenols or flavonoids as well as the identification and quantification of specific molecules in natural products. Whenever possible, we apply existing, validated, scientific methods, like high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) based on European Pharmacopoeia methods or ISO methods. In addition we develop and apply in-house methods for our proprietary plant extract. All methods are made available to our business partner on request.
We know that it works for you
We generate valid scientific facts by phytochemical investigations, identification of mode of action, and final confirmation of beneficial effects in human studies. Randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled studies remain the gold standard for dietary trials. Our nutritional human studies follow FDA and EFSA requirements and include healthy people, representing the general population. Biomarker as well as validated questionnaires are selected as outcome parameter. Our studies were carried out with traditional study product formulations like capsules and with food formulations like stick packs and drinks. Our studies are registered at clinical trial.org and published in peer-reviewed.
We develop product concepts and formulations containing our branded ingredients. This way we support our business partners and customer with ideas, how a consumer product could look like. New concepts are presented every year during Vitafoods. We prepare traditional solid delivery forms, like capsules and chewable tables, as well as soft gums, stick packs, beverages etc.
Our Scientific Principles
- Our research is evidence-based, testable and transparent.
- We collaborate with reliable, carefully selected partners, who represent centers of competence for their dedicated research area.
- We encourage healthy skepticism, constructive criticism and logical argument to support conclusions within our R&D teams and in discussion with external stakeholders.
- Our results are peer-reviewed published and communicated effectively.
- We focus on sustainable capabilities by application of existing, validated, scientific methods. We develop new methods along with the innovation process when required.
- Continuous training and professional development helps us to be informed about latest scientific and regulatory developments in our target market and market segments.
- Along with our product documentation, we offer to our business partners exceptional services to present and discuss our scientific result.
- We apply these principles to our research and new product development projects as well as to our branded ingredients to ensure highest quality and best scientific support.